If you would like to create an Advent Lights window in your home, here are some helpful tips as to how to go about it.
- Start by deciding which window you would like to use.
- Consider how you would like to create your display (see our inspiration section for some ideas).
- Sketch your design on a piece of paper. Decide if you want to include any images as well as the word ‘HOPE’ and include them in your plan. Searching for silhouette Christmas images on the internet can provide inspiration, and can be traced directly from a screen or printed out to aid your planning.
- Measure up your window/part of the window your display will go in, so you know what size your resources will need to be.
- Gather what you will need – art shops and pound shops are great sources of black card, tissue paper, glue and scissors. Despite the current national lockdown, many stores with craft supplies are still open or have click & collect and home delivery available.
- Set aside an evening (or more if needed) to create your design – get your household involved if you live with other people.
- Put your display in your window from 1st December onwards. For it to be visible at night you’ll need to ensure there is a source of light behind it – whether it is your main room light or a well-positioned lamp.
Have fun! Do get in touch to let us know what you’re up to and how you’re getting involved. Follow us on Facebook and post pictures of your designs to inspire and share hope with others.