Do you run or are you part of a club or community group? How about getting your organisation involved in Advent Lights? Why not chat with the organisation leaders and see how you could incorporate a creative session into your plans during November?
We recognise that current national Lockdown restrictions make doing anything ‘together’ a challenge, and organisations are currently unable to meet in person. As you’ll know, there are creative ways to link up during this time and maybe you could run an online session where everyone makes and shows their window design?
It would be a lovely way for children who attend Cubs, Brownies, Rainbows, Boys or Girls Brigades, Scouts, Guides, sports teams and many more to visually connect and unite their homes this December.
Resourcing an activity for your group would involve the following:
- Determine how many people will take part
- Gather resources for the number of people involved. Each person will need:
- 1 sheet of A4 black card
- 1 sheet of tracing paper (this makes sticking designs easier, although is optional)
- A selection of tracing paper colours
- In addition to the above, each person would need access to scissors, glue, and sticky tape (optional, as glue could be used instead). It may be of help to have templates to draw around, if available (see our inspiration section for printable download ideas).
Below are some downloadable promo materials. Please feel free to use these as print-outs or in digital form to share with your organisation and spread the word about Advent Lights.
Have fun! Do get in touch to let us know what you’re up to and how you’re getting involved. Follow us on Facebook and post pictures of your designs to inspire and share hope with others.